A fast wireless connection at the office or at home is almost a given nowadays. Increasingly, the WiFi network is also used for internet telephony (VoIP). When you use VoIP, unlike normal mobile phone connections, what you are transmitting over the network is not just speech, but other data as well. To avoid losing words or even complete sentences, it is imperative that sufficient bandwidth is available.
Using a smart WiFi scan, we analyse all possible factors that might interfere with good speech quality and data connections. A good overview of potential sources of interference and other factors which might influence wireless network operations is the main focus. We map the current and desired distribution and strength of the signal in detail. After all that, you get honest, independent advice that includes a price estimate for the configuration or improvement of your WiFi network.
- Spectrum analysis which maps each possible source interference: motion detectors used in alarm systems, as well as microwaves and other signals
- Analysis of number of users, user groups and user types. Which priorities apply?
- Determining the bandwidth required for the various devices that users use to access the network.
- Determining which information from the cabled system also needs to be available on the wireless network and what measure of security is required
- An indicative design which complies with all the requirements and preferences, based on the blueprints
Would you like to know more?
Are you considering switching to VoIP, or would you like to make your wireless network ready for the future? Our consultants are ready to help. Call +31 (0) 20 655 75 75 or email.
Who went before you
Do you want to know more? Fill in the contact form below.